door mirror - convex with tinted glass
The convex mirror is curved. The constant radius of curvature of the lens gives a broader field of vision but the images tend to be greatly distorted. The aspheric mirror differs from the convex mirror in that 80% of the surface is convex with a large radius of curvature while the remaining 20% of the mirror, or the outside edge, is convex where the radius of the curvature decreases dramatically. The result is that the aspheric mirror produces a less distorted image while at the same time producing a field of vision up to 65% greater than that of the convex mirror.